Notify the vet if ANY of the Following occur
- You cannot remove a puppy lodged in the birth canal.
- There is strong, persistent labor for 30 minutes without delivery of a pup.
- There is weak, intermittent labor for 6 hours without delivery of any pups.
- It has been more than 4 hours since the last birth and it is probable that more puppies are still inside.
- There is a greenish – black discharge and no labour or puppies within 3 – 4 hours. The greenish – black colour is normal, but such a discharge should be followed very soon by the delivery of the pups.
- The pregnancy lasts more than 65 days.